domingo, 4 de septiembre de 2005

Katrina asesina

My heart and thoughts are with all the people in New Orleans and the Mississipi.
Since I live in Veracruz State, in the very Gulf of Mexico, I have seen hurricans causing great pain and desolation in my homeland too, so I know quite well American people are in sorrow, crying over all that's lost now -lives and pieces of history- and I sympathize with them.
Watching all those apocalyptical images on tv, despite all the human suffering I cannot help but thinking about the historical center of New Orleans... for i guess it was swallowed down by the high water. I know people comes first, but the loss of history is a great loss for everyone too!
There are long months of hard work ahead before the Mississipi is coming to life again...
So I say a prayer.
*

1 comentario:

Herr Boigen dijo...

Obwohl mein Wohnungsgebiet liegt nicht direkt am Meer, sondern in dem mexikanischen Mittelmeer Bereich, haben wir auch unter schrecklichen Wetter gelitten. Bis zuletzt muss man stark vor Naturgewitter sein